How much is peace of mind worth to you for your big day? Probably enough to get wedding insurance to ensure that your big day is covered. Wedding insurance is an insurance policy that covers you should an event occur that cancels or postpones your wedding.
What does wedding insurance cover?
What your insurance covers will be dependent on your policy. However, generally, wedding insurance covers the following:
- Cancellation or postponement of your wedding due to illness, an accident, or bereavement
- If your catering company, venue, or other supplier goes out of business
- Loss or damage of wedding attire and presents
- Loss or damage to the flowers, rings, or cakes
- Any expenses involving having to retake wedding pictures or videos
Usually honeymoons are not covered under your insurance policy, however, you typically will be able to bundle that into your insurance at an additional cost.
Please note that wedding insurance does not cover you for something you already knew about, or for getting cold feet and canceling your wedding!